Sunday, October 28, 2007

advice

"Life is hard, Kid, you gotta be harder."

Leonard from A Million Little Pieces by James Frey



That helps.

Despite the controversy surrounding his book and despite the fact I am reading this book only now even though it hit the shelves four years earlier. Despite the fact that James was a druggie-alcoholic and I am a depressive the differences are only substance-based. Despite the fact I probably shouldn't be reading sad stuff like this and Prozac Nation and The Bell Jar. (I do alternate these books with Marie Claire et al and chick-lit and the Bible by the way).

Despite the fact that advice and other words, only help me in recovering slowly, not fast enough, alongside the Lexapro and Lorazepam I now take on a daily basis because I don't dare not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment