Monday, June 22, 2009

Feeling stressed, in a panic over nothing. An eruption of palpitations pulse from my chest, my breathing is laboured.

As antidotes I dole myself medication to tide over the arrest, I also create an assault on my senses through calming music, rose and lavender oils burning, a comfy sleeping gown, flowers, juices and teas. Prescribing pleasure is not fun when it is in alleviation of pain.

The thought of challenging scenarios sets me off: that's my trigger: anything from teaching to social situations. I prefer household work more to these, and I find myself occupationally more able to do them recently. Sewing calms me, even folding the laundry and doing the dishes, things which I have not been able to bring myself to do for a long time. But these activities don't bring me any income.

No comments:

Post a Comment