Monday, February 12, 2007

take shit

When I was working in a bank, my personal motto was, "Shit happens, but that is why we are overcomers." C, when he first met me, said that I said this statement with utter conviction, that he believed I must have gone through many problems and came out of them on top.


I have not been angry at anyone for a very long time, I suppose my health has improved for it too. So in a sense, shit has hardly been happening. I don't think I have been cured of my anger, I just think career change happened, which traded my anger for sadness and hope and expectation.


And no I hardly ever get angry with C, even though I spend so much time with him. I don't really know sometimes which one is really me: the one who gets angry easily, or the one who hardly ever does. If C is my soulmate, then the one I am in front of him must be the real me, no? C is sensible so he hardly ever incenses me. We all know some standard things that piss me off: lack of clarity, pride, broken English, etc. C is none of these.


At the peak of my anger problems I told C what I researched and found out. We realised we both have the same problems and that was why our anger flows easily. I can take C's anger. I hardly ever get angry back, for some reason. He asks, when he is in his pensive moods, why I seem to take his shit, no one else can.


Maybe I have some horrid martyr complex. I set up a capacity for shit-taking in myself everyday, and it gets filled up, by C or otherwise, and sometimes it overflows, but till then all is well.


But I am getting tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment