Wednesday, March 17, 2004

From 'Coco and Igor' by Chris Greenhalgh



"Someone once said... as two people approach a street corner from different directions, what are the chances of them both humming the same tune and, as they meet, of each reaching the exact same phrase? What are the chances of that happening, and what would it mean if it did?"





I'm back to basics again, I am indeed fallible. But I relish. It's so infantile I feel, to hear of or participate in a conversation of, 'I like someone...' etc, because, if you are attracted to someone you oughta just do something about it! Like go out with him, right? Why moan over it just to make conversation with a friend who will ultimately just nudge you when HE comes along and make you even more flush? But I am feeling that now, the 'I like someone' feeling, so strong, vaguely familiar, but tearingly painful now because I really, really can't do anything much about it this time. I keep making myself up to be a superwoman when actually I am also part girl. I wish I had a grip on myself but I really do like him and I feel almost ashamed to say so.



But I can't do anything about it, I should just let go of the hope and cherish the imagination...



Then again, how often do you meet someone who sings the same song and at the same time to the same phrase as you are when you meet him? Not as romantic as such, mine is, but then my attraction to him is the un-romanticised version, just one towards someone who is so precious to me that I would be broken, broken, if he were really never mine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment