Tuesday, March 16, 2004

To make a prairie (1755)

Emily Dickinson





To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,

One clover, and a bee.

And revery.

The revery alone will do,

If bees are few.







How come I feel happy alone? I have always wanted a soulmate and companion, but today I realise that I am more than surviving; living, without one. Maybe I have truly learnt to love me. Maybe, my destiny is more important, and so I shelve soulmating.



I think also, it could be, that it would take more than before to slip me up to fall in love again, over that cliff into fields of flowers. I mean, it was explosive, before, I have never written like that till I loved, obsessed, so much.



"I almost forgot

The shot of high that only

Comes with an extreme

—"



That was how much, how much. I can't believe I wasted it, now it has to come even harder and more extremely, for me to want him, someone, again. So difficult. Revery will do for me. There was but one bee and now he's gone away. He may never need me this clover but he could jolly well find another. Sunflower perhaps?











No comments:

Post a Comment