Sunday, May 22, 2005

Solace

I try to eradicate the sense of lack, but in seeking solace, I find dungeons. Where I lay, I saw comfort and peace, but it never remains where it is; I never do either.

'I cannot walk down this path with you,'

I cannot.

Everyone is leaving me. They are picking up and picking up speed and going to places I cannot go.

I cannot go where you are going. This is my solace - you are my solaces. But enter in and I find that it is not for me. I have come to an erroneous destination; should I stay or go?

Comfort and intimacy are transient. They will leave the void and pass away, and leave me behind, or in another place.

Should I go my own way, or turn and follow someone for his companionship. Should I take the loneliness with my lofty ideals or take the love and stay with the family.

With this current selection of options, there is no compromise, and I can't have it all. This is good for now: one for the other, or else a sense of passing through.

Passing through - we all do that, is that true? I can't stay, I can't go. This is why people feeling depressed will sleep through it all and wake up feeling like nothing.

Enter in, the dungeon. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment