Tuesday, August 30, 2005

the mad scorpio that hears noises

Noisy and reclusive. Sociable and antisocial. Crazy but intraverted sometimes. Very rational, and insane. Favourite activities are best done alone or with just one selected other. When I look at these extremes of my personality, I recall what zodiac-nuts say about characteristics attached to time of year of your birthday. I am a Scorpio. Dark and masochistic and mad.


I am hearing noises. The buzzing keeps me insane. I try to ignore it because it is easier, and it is daylight now, not too difficult. H says its a Fight Club scenario. Cal says I have a head cold. I need to talk to my doctor perhaps.



Let's see what google says about the noise:


Hallucinations - Hallucinations can take a number of different forms - they can be:

1. Visual (seeing things that are not there or that other people cannot see),
2. Auditory (hearing voices that other people can't hear),
3. Tactile (feeling things that other people don't feel or something touching your skin that isn't there.)
4. Olfactory (smelling things that other people cannot smell, or not smelling the same thing that other people do smell)
5. Gustatory experiences (tasting things that isn't there)


But it's only buzzing, surely it can't be this serious.




...they heard non-vocal stimuli such as noises, ringing, buzzing, music, or other...
This is a study made on patients who are psychologically unwell. This is what I hear.




Tinnitus is the medical term for "hearing" noises in your ears when there is no outside source of the sounds. The noises you hear can be soft or loud. They may sound like ringing, blowing, roaring, buzzing, hissing, humming, whistling, or sizzling. You may even think you are hearing air escaping, water running, the inside of a seashell, or musical notes.

This one is the closest explanation so far, that I can accept, because I don't want to be mad!



...Colds and flu, being in a noisy atmosphere, allergy flare-up, or any variety of stimuli can increase the intensity of tinnitus noise...
Yes I have allergies, and have been having a flu for a few weeks now. But this implies I have always had this ringing, and only now is it being exacerbated by other factors.




Perhaps I just need to go rest. Hopefully someone will turn the buzzing off soon. Need to do work.

No comments:

Post a Comment