Thursday, June 23, 2005

Blog rubbish!

I used to wonder, what do people like to read on others' weblogs.

I am certain of what people don't like: whining, complaining, stuff that is so intellectual you need a highlighter to read (which you can't because it is a web thing), poser-ish stuff. There may be more but let's leave it at that.

I think, people like to read things they can understand, that is thrilling (like chick-lit, murder novels, orgasmic language), and best of all, if it is funny and entertaining.

They also like stuff that is real, not hyper-generated by forced emotions and personas.

(That bit about chick-lit, I meant it).

So I taught about what I can write. And realised, actually I lead a rather glamourous and interesting life, and with it I carry a complex personality that is so interesting to unravel a bit at a time.

I mean, not that I am trying to be out of point and become all arrogant and la-dee-dah but I think honestly, blog readers want to find out about others' lives (unless they are whiney and complaining, then no).

Today, I got to do the following things:

I restored a sculpture. I arranged sculpture pieces around a gallery, displaying them and directing the display all by myself. The feel of the gallery has to flow for the audience, with a theme, with viewing pleasure, and the pieces have to stay secure on the display shelves.

I also went into a room that wasn't mine, and used a computer that needed a password and user id which, was privy to its owner. I logged in, and copied files into a CD-R, made a phonecall, and left the room with no one around to see me.

In the middle of the day, I had tea with a girlfriend, and did some catching up that I cherish.

That was half of my glamourous day.

Another thing I realise, my writing skills have gone downhill. I have no idea why, but I will have to improve my English. I love writing, please don't judge me by this piece and the recent ones if they were bad.

- there. A true blog piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment