Wednesday, November 2, 2005

busy with work

Really have been laden with work, both paid and volunteered.


Remember the backdrop we were supposed to paint for Sherilyn's church play?


It is a rather post-modern play, hence with all our input - Sherilyn, myself, Huanjie and Cassandra, we decided on something Surrealist, like this draft that H made on Photoshop:



















And so we painted.


Here are some random shots:
































































































It is finished. But camera was out of battery, hence I will only be able to take the complete one the next time I get to see it. The amazing backdrop. Painted by Sherilyn , Cassandra, and her drama crew, plus me.

3 comments:

  1. lovely. reminds me a bit of magritte, my fav surrealist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got our inspiration from his painting of the suspending men around buildings, hence the buildings here, which symbolise dreary modern living, and also from Dali's meditative rose against the sky.

    The rose against this urban landscape is thus meant to create the contrast.

    Glad you like it! :)

    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's so lovely. it's amazing. I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete