Wednesday, November 30, 2005

to do

People sometimes use blogs as to-do lists.


My days of writing Big 5s and PDA lists are currently in recession. For one, I do not have a PDA, anymore anyway. And my Big 5s have gone mental, as in, I now commit them to memory.


Which shouldn't be, really. Lists, writing them and having them, are exceptionally therapeutic, whether your life is in shit-state of chaos or in perfect synchrony. Especially if you are a visual-literal person like me - you see, and see in words - then all the more, lists are a must have.


But I draw the line at using blogs to pen to-do lists. For one, people want enjoyable reads, and unless the lists are penned artfully, they are not likely to be very entertaining. Also, blogs are not for personal unseen gripes, they are meant to be published.


Hence they are called web-logs? The only way to reconcile the need to whine and self-inspect, is to write well, and concealingly if needed.


Why the rant, Elaine?


Because I am going to Cambodia next week and I haven't gotten ready!


I am leaving next week and there are so many things still left undone. I have work to do, I have no money to pay for the trip yet. I have programmes to plan. I have to buy and prepare things to bring to the people there. I have to pack stuff. My house is in a mess still. I don't think my bag is big enough to pack for my trip; I have no other. And I am sick and now still recovering.


Then He said to another, "Follow me."


But he said, "Lord, let me first go bury my father."


Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God."


Reading the word of God feeds me with internal strength, as if intravenously.


In all priorities, God first, and all will come in place, and be taken care of. My heart lives in missions, and I will not waver.


Now, time to get down to doing those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment