Monday, May 15, 2006

seven things that attract me

taken from DW



Words
In a crowded space, my eyes always notice words first. Which is why I always read subtitles at the same time as I listen and watch the movies, which is why I always read off the condom boxes at the supermarket counter when I pay for everything else I am actually buying, which is why I used to read off road signs when I was a small girl in my parents' car.

I remember how people word things, I remember favourite words of favourite people, I am moved by touching sentences that happen in a flash as if they were more alive than the people who wrote them.


Art
I am moved by rapturous art, I can paint till I almost cry, I can detour my route just to study an artpiece I saw in the corner of my peripheral vision.

I love to be around people who draw, even scrawl silly, because it is so cute and attractive to wield a pen, brush, camera, mouse or stylus, for artistic making.


Shop displays
Because I cannot help looking. Window shopping might actually lead to real hardcore retail therapy. Because women have good peripheral vision. Because some shop window displays are so awesome I have to look. See art above.



Comfy lie down places
Because I am always sleepy and always tired and I like sleeping and I read lying down.


Dogs and cats
Unless small toy dogs. Then I don't even look. But otherwise, so cute!


Chillout places
Because I like to go to these places. To have awesome frozen margaritas or chill in lounge music or lie in plush cushions or soak in quiet rustic Evans Road air.


Calvin
It has been almost two years and it is still a honeymoon! Everyday I thank God for him.

calvinS

Calvin looking at his TWO monitors, one to play WOW, the other to surf net, IM on MSN etc. Hence the extremely serious look.

No comments:

Post a Comment