Thursday, March 9, 2006

dinner today

Guess where I went for dinner? En route home from the west-end boondocks that is Choa Chu Kang, I diverted from the train and took a bus from Marsiling that went in the direction of my house - but not really, I would have to change another bus to get home or else walk rather far for a tired day. The bus, on its long journey, went past the Macpherson kopitiam and I decided to get down, premature before my stop, to eat the Whitley Road macaroni there for my dinner.


When I stayed in Potong Pasir for a part of my life, about ten years ago now - wow - I used to eat this macaroni for dinner by myself when I had the chance. It comes with pork slices, minced pork, liver, lettuce, two quails' eggs, all in a delicious stock that is so good to drink steaming hot, when they have just poured it out from the pot it was cooked in. So good, and I love quails' eggs. I could eat a skewer-full of quails' eggs, the kind that my Dad would buy for supper from the luk-luk van if I were in JB with them.


It does relive some old feelings, and it sure beats eating the same old Ubi food. Despite my gastric, I had a good appetite. Now I know what is really good to eat, on a sick tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment