Sunday, March 26, 2006

status of elaine

Current activities:
1. Doing research for a course on mixed media art that starts tomorrow afternoon. Stressed for excellence, anxious for anticipated lack of sleep, self-deprecating because there is little time left till tomorrow.
2. Blasting my iTunes worship and ccm collection to feel inspired and awakened - literally

Current status:
1. Of self: Post-comatose because of Citirizine taken earlier this afternoon for runny nose slash allergies.
2. Of house: Messy and dirty as hell, although Calvin doesn't seem to mind, meaning one of two things - it isn't as bad as I think, or he is highly tolerant/unobservant when it comes to less than ideal perfect state of a pristine dwelling.
3. Of work done and to be done: as above, and





Weekend status:
1. Friday night cell group, movie with C and loads of happying squashed into a very short night, to celebrate the end of his ICT.
2. Saturday morning breakfast with C at coffeeshop near my house, ate Jie bread and eggs and coffee. Gave tuition to Alyssa at woodlands till noon.
3. Saturday afternoon went to Bras Basah to buy art materials. Bought texture gel (usually buy ceramic stucco, bought blended fibres instead to complement the remaining bottles of stucco that we still have. Also bought highly-exploitatively-priced PVA glue). On the way there, ran into ex-Citi colleagues. Declined lunch with them because busy and poor. Ate lunch at Mac's next to BBC, took bus 61 home, did laundry.
4. Saturday night I went for Mabel's wedding. She looked lovely! Husband is cute too. It was at Bliss at very-far Expo. But the food was good, as was the stage, although there were very contrasting elements in the deco. Think Neoclassicism plus Pop Art. After the wedding, C came from his dad's birthday dinner to fetch me - so far! what love! - and we went to watch another movie in town. Came home feeling extremely ill with a bad headache, remnants of it remained when I awoke Sunday afternoon.
5. Sunday afternoon we had lunch at Pastamania Parkway, once again their Bacon Aglio Olio is the best in all the Pastamanias we have ever been to. The cineleisure one is horrors compared to the Parkway one. C bought me a cordless phone for my house. As he said after coming back to fix it up - 'the old one can keep, put pocket already' meaning, 'can throw away already, please'.
6. The rest of Sunday: As mentioned, completely knocked out by the Citrizine ingested, unaware of this but I fell asleep till 7pm and woke feeling sheepish because I realised I slept, because I should have done my work. I had to cancel my tuition lessons today to make time for work, and I slept instead, albeit unknowingly.
7. Wish I had more time during the weekend to do things, work and leisure both.


Current reading:
1. Olivia Joules by Helen Fielding - chick lit by author of Bridget Jones.
2. Romanticism by David Blayley Brown a superb art history book of the Art and Ideas collection by uber impressive publisher Phaidon once again.
Update
3. Just started also on Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
4. Just finished The Big Moo last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment