Wednesday, March 8, 2006

night at the home office

So here I am, with Elton John singing for Diana on Gold 90 FM on the lounge radio, and me, I am here on the computers doing some art works and a presentation for a still life art class for P4 kids. With a chamomile brewing in the cup on the coaster by the monitor, I research on still lifes done by artists throughout history: Artlex has a good summary on still lifes in art history.



The radio plays on, the reception surprisingly clear tonight; it usually crackles. The radio station played awhile ago, 'Time after time' by Cyndi Lauper, the one done as a duet during some recent awards show. This song is such music trite when heard elseways, but Cyndi Lauper brought it alive for me again. I love her raspy voice, and her soulful playing on the stringed instrument she was playing - sounded like a harpsichord! I only guess so because it sounded like the harpsichord effect on my childhood Yamaha organ.



Time seems to stop sometimes, at night especially: the lighting remains the same throughout the night, and if you are awake and have by your side 24-hour radio and internet, I suppose even more so.



Writing here as if I am my own witness into my work-tonight, no other witness would write about me this way save for me. Not that I mean to be self centred or egotistic, for otherwise, I would not be alone, and the moment would not be the same even if immaculately written.



I am just on a break here, too short, but too long away from the immediate tasks at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment