Thursday, April 20, 2006

a need to be productive

I don't know if many of you feel this way: when I run out of something creative to do, I will start searching for one, else I will feel like I have dropped into a void that is almost completely soulless.


And the only thing that will stop me from actually doing what I find, is as usual, sloth. So I resort to at least thinking, or talking about it with probable people concerned, and the un-involved perhaps, just to get it shared.


The feeling I get when I come to this end (of things creative to do), is like as if I have become one who mindlessly surfs, and moodlessly roams about the house, or wherever.


I get this feeling when I have nothing to read. Like I have read all the updated feeds I subscribe to. Or when I finish reading the latest copy of Elle. When I have no suitable work task to do within a certain available moment, such as now, (because any work I need to do now is huger than the time I have for the moment, which is less than half an hour, and yes I have checked my email), I will end up feeling that void.


I remember times when Dorothy and I will stay up late together, and because I was over at her house, we wanted to make use of the time shared, to do something productive. We will somehow find something craft-y to do, like making gifts for people what we know, and etc.


And now because I have no time, I cannot start doing the work that I need and actually want to do. And also because I am really tired and lethargic, I am too weak to do anything anyway.


Which leaves me with mindless blogging...

2 comments:

  1. Go jet away for a short break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. scanned through your entries. almost all are so melancholic...

    ReplyDelete