Wednesday, April 12, 2006

sleeping in the morning

The current mood is one of an anxious lull.


Today I have no classes in schools, only a private tuition lesson to my student Alyssa later in the late afternoon slash evening time. It is the perfect excuse to sleep in, and, I did, til eight o' clock. Why so early! I had expected myself to sleep till pre-noon hours. But no! Argh.


I wake, eat brekkie, read some online, and check my email. I also talk to a teacher online - my client - and I realise I have two things to submit to her this weekend. Apart from that, I also have other to-dos undone.


But I am still sleepy.


Today I also need to run one outdoor errand at an unknown time, depends on a call H will give at anytime. In the end, I do go back to sleep, shoving aside my anxious heart, with my telephones next to me (only to be woken in a kicking frenzy when the phone rings but it is not H).


So, lots to do, lots to do. I am totally not enjoying my morning sleep-in, something which in the first place became an over-early sleep-out, and is completely annoying because I need to do loads and I am still sleepy (despite Earl Grey tea).


This just goes to further show that I am truly a slacker and not a workaholic. I just want to slack and not have to do work at mad accumulated hours, rather, in manageable pockets of time with bo-liao breaks in between of doing things like playing guitar, reading, writing, chatting online, yadda yadda. And today this bo-liao break I want to take, should ideally take the whole day, but it is not going to work out. I am a slacker who worries, ideas just fall on my lap without me doing anything to squeeze them into existence, and I end up having to do them, yet the allure of rest is so much greater than the future rewards that the tasks (especially sales tasks) will bring in future. But because I worry, I end up resting poorly anyway. Anxious lull! There is nothing worse than being a worried slacker.


Anyway, I know my own working cycle (pockets/breaks/pockets/breaks), soon I will be drawing up quickie plans in my organiser and Rainlendar widget, and I will become a work-work-worker again, and probably end up working over the weekend because I will need something to do that is productive.


And, a side note, if you are concerned I am not getting enough rest, I am rather, as I have been sleeping at ten or eleven p.m or so most nights, and since my sick trough that bottomed out with my new gastric medication, and forced slackedness for most days, I am feeling much better now, and functional. During the days of forced slackedness, I did not bother with anything that was related to too-short impending deadlines - just don't do lor, tarn buay liao anyway, furthermore already very busy - and merely did my work in a fashion of excellent necessities only. I also solved some anger issues and woke myself up on my need for more character hence to be rid of all base things which are inherent in my extremely flawed self. So I have been resting despite being busy, acting contrarian: I am definitely gonna be on the winning side despite all.

No comments:

Post a Comment