Sunday, February 19, 2006

hiao weekend

I had a really hiao weekend; spent so much time holidaying away my weekend right here in Singapore.


You see, it feels like a holiday because, among other holiday-ish reasons, it was rather reminiscent of the days I was hardly studying while doing my degree. When we could have late suppers despite a lack of personal transport, lie around in bed and do nothing but some half-hearted cuddling, closeness and small talk.


On Friday, after cell group, I cabbed down to Adam Road with my guitar on my back after-use. I was to meet my Calvin who actually intended to come for cell group too but he hideously overslept past his alarm much like I was to end up doing this Sunday morning too. So we ate yummy prawn mee at Adam Road - he without the prawns and I without the mee. Yes we are an oddity.


And we spent the rest of the night doing a lot of other holidayish stuff, including, watching the continuing episodes of Full Metal Alchemist, our latest joint anime craze. We end up sleeping at about 5am.


The next day C went on a raid with his guild on WOW and I go for a lesson with my student Alyssa. We met for lunch via cab at Eunos market to have the best lor mee in Singapore.


IMAG0003



Located at Eunos Market, next to the MRT. Open only till 2pm everyday. No kidding, it is really very nice. Anyway, Calvin ate $5 worth, this is his second bowl. The stall has, surprisingly, no famous sticker-posters telling of its great worth. But is really good, must try.



IMAG0004



After our monstrously heavy lunch, we went to cycle at East Coast, where I got a burn from a lack of protection, because our thoughts for cycling were completely spontaneous, we were hardly dressed for it. Oh well, almost anyway.



IMAG0007



IMAG0005




I brought the silly Kyocera camera along to take pictures for the kids to paint Impressionism with. The camera is not great, the weather was, though the time of day not ideal for Impressionism:



IMAG0019



IMAG0018




The weather was really God-sent, for we avoided the parts of East Coast Park that rained, somehow in a timely manner. After that, we went home by bus, it rained heavily, but it was almost completely rain-less around my house. So we walked from bus stop to home dry. After showering, we went to Siglap for dinner at Killiney kopitiam, not before we watched some more episodes of Full Metal Alchemist of course.


We slept early that night, before midnight.


But I still was shacked the next day, and woke at 1130am from hunger! Ate a quickie breakfast consisting of chocolate bread, Earl Grey tea and chicken-in-a-biskit. Yes, I undid most of the good done by the workout on Saturday by now. C was already up since 8am, doing another raid on WOW playing, of course, his alter ego Jorale, the troll shaman.


Of my students I was supposed to meet today, one was very ill and her mom smsed me to cancel tuition for today, which meant that I only had one lesson to give today to another student. Which I did, after, eating at Pastamania Parkway, bacon aglio olio fusili, of course. And doing some shopping, where I bought a top from GG5 on 50% off, 2 bras from Marks and Sparks (no sale, but great fit), 4 pairs of undies from Topshop on 20% off. Yes I have been due for some kind of wardrobe overhaul all this while. I only shopped today as a by-the-way gesture, as I have not managed to plan any shopping rendezvous with any girlfriend for a long time now. And C, what was he doing while I was shopping? Oh well, apart from being the porter, he was playing Solitaire on his O2 somewhere, doing 2-second browses at Topman, and poring over the weird things sold at Topshop - check out the store scrutinisingly to know what they are.


It has felt like a holiday this weekend, also because C has not had to return the family car, because we lived without it for the weekend, and he stayed over at mine without having to rush home at any one time. Which really is a good thing, also because parking at Parkway is not very pleasant.


After meeting my other student at Pasir Ris, I walked around White Sands and bought two girlie mags - my weakness, I know - as well as a new pair of shoes! Pumps in black velvet and with frills and a tiny detail of beads. Yummy. Got them at a discount, for $26.


Was hardly hungry, ate the lovely pies from Cottage Pies, and still have some left over.


Was just trying to play a rendition of Quando3 on my guitar. Also, having a beer, and reading off the net, writing here, and doing laundry. Will pore over my girlie mags, and hang the laundry later, and perhaps another beer. Lovely, lovely.


It has been a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment