Sunday, February 26, 2006

weekend

I don't even like aeroplanes, but I went to boring Asian Aerospace to spend my Saturday afternoon because otherwise poor-thing Calvin would have had to go alone via public transport by himself out to the boondocks - I had to go to Pasir Ris again! - when he had two complimentary tickets to waste, courtesy of his daddy. It was hot and I came back feeling hot. Thank God for $8 shades from Thailand, else it would have been worse. I can barely comprehend the fascination with planes. Nice to see meh?


Saturday night was Phuture and the music was really good, you didn't need to drink to be happy. Kelvin and Daphne, while they were waiting for C and I, had multiple one-for-ones before we arrived, and C and I only had two drinks each the whole night. Cal had a whiskey neat and a screwdriver with less vodka - yeah, the bartender was like, 'You sure ah?', and I had two very sissy drinks: a whiskey dry and a yawn, yawn, cosmopolitan.


Then came Sunday. Today I am ill from gastric pains, headaches and feeling faint, because I had no medicine in the house anymore. I am still feeling unwell. Meals or no meals. I need Famodine. Now I realise I need it to control my gastric pains, I have been okay till now largely only because of Famodine. I have been surviving on them most days of my weeks. Doctor was closed today and I couldn't go get any meds. I feel no good at all. Need to rest till I can go doctor tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elaine,

    The male fascination with aeroplanes and being a pilot (esp. fighter pilot) can be traced back to 1986 - the year that Argentina defeated West Germany in the World Cup, Jean Genet passed away and most importantly, when Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise is released.

    Yes, I too wanted to have a cool callsign and fly the skies at Mach 2.43.

    In other news, Phuture was great! Must find more Breaks kaki although monetary situation is getting worse each day. Thankfully didn't spend that much money due to 1 for 1.

    ReplyDelete