Sunday, February 19, 2006

of addicts and geeks

So anyway yeah I'm a reading addict: I have March issues of Style, Elle and Her World, and borrowed 2 art-related books from the library as well as daily read off bloglines and etc. I am a reading geek. But Calvin is uber geek: he reads scientific calculator manuals - at least he says he attempts to - as well as pores over the manuals of his new computer parts:

PSU: Silverstone zeus 560w
CPU: AMD Opteron 175
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
Ram: 2x 1gig Kingston DDR400
Graphics: Sapphire ATI 1900xtx
Harddisks: 2x 250gb sata 2 Western Digital 16mb cache (raid 0)
CD: Pioneer DVD RW
Audio: Creative Soundblaster Audigy2 OEM
Misc: Gigabyte Galaxy Watercooling.

I posed for the camera holding the freaking graphics card which the guys at the shop were loot-wanking over - and I had no idea what in the world it was I was holding. The picture turned up on hwz forum for a moment before the server had some problems and erased the post among others.

So, C the uber geek. He says he can run two games at the same time, and his character Jorale looks really good on his computer, what with the 17 inch LG LCD tv monitor and all. If this were MSN, I would put the nerd smile 8-| emoticon now. And now I return to my girlie mags and perhaps another beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment