Thursday, February 9, 2006

rest

Matthew 11.28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."



Learn from him, Jesus, and I will find rest-



When he was stressed, he took a timeout to pray alone.

He took hold of opportunities to teach his team members whenever possible. Almost every on-job scenario could be a teaching and learning opportunity, that could be used to build up the esteem and efficacy of his folks.

He made his disciples successful in their jobs, even from the beginning, when the fishermen needed to get a successful catch that day.

He may not have told them everything he was struggling with, but he did confide in them at times, to share his burden with them, that they may know him and his purpose better.

He knew his purpose.

He had confidence of the Father.



Rest, my soul.



I am sure we could learn from many others. It would be much more refreshing though, to learn from one who was gentle and humble in heart. Just remember the arrogant or self-centred bosses you ever had: you might have learnt valuable stuff, but the emotional experience had little feel-good factor.


And working for a meaningful cause - that sure beats slogging your life away, for nothing. Hence his yoke is easy and his burden is light.

No comments:

Post a Comment