Monday, February 27, 2006

Turns out, that not only did I have a gastric attack, I am also down with the flu. Argh!


My headache got no better, so I saw my doctor again today. He said my throat was heaty and so I got some Danzen (an anti-inflammatory enzyme, similar to Lysozyme and the like). I told him I could not sleep in the afternoon today - which made my sickies even more uncomfortable - and he gave me Lorazepam so that I can sleep tonight. Ah, bliss tonight then. Pacofen (that is paracetemol with codeine, same as Anarex or Panamol) had no effect on my headache the entire day so he gave me this monster $3 a pop drug which I ate at the clinic, and I no longer remember the name. I am embarrassed to say that as I popped it out of the foil to pop it in me, I accidently dropped and plopped it and it hopped on the clinic floor a few steps away, oops. Three-second rule applies, with some vigorous blowing and picking out of the visible dirt. $3 a pop, no replacement. Had to do it, it was my own usual silliness at fault.


Doctor says my headache will be all right by tomorrow. A two-day headache is finally letting up!

1 comment:

  1. Poor dear! Hope you get well soon. Gee, you're really in tune with every drug in your cabinet. Almost as impressive as my hypochondriac mother!

    ReplyDelete