Saturday, February 4, 2006

mark 1

How much you want to read the bible depends on how much you want to grow, spiritually.



So, here we are.



I will post a link to a chunk of bible passage, every few days, that I will be reading, based on an glorious ambitious effort that my church has put together in the form of a year's worth of the entire bible.



Motivated to do this here on worlds upon words because I read the bible online, internet junkie that I am. Plus, it goes back to the basis of worlds upon words.



Take my world apart, I am on my knees.



mark1.21 Then they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and taught. 22 And they were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.



I suddenly realise, that JC was on the ball when he went about his work, for immediately on the day of Sabbath, where people honour God by worshipping him with other like-minded folks, he stepped into the synagogue and taught.


On the ball.


And with authority.


Talking about knowing what you have to do in life. He spoke as if he knew, which he did - come on, he is God - and there he exuded confidence and skill and firm standing whilst doing his destiny-laden tasks.


I should be like him. To do my work with such efficacy and skill, such firm grounding and authority in my own. To be so on the ball, nothing losing, making a huge presence. Knowing what I have to do in this world. Small things that I have to do today and tomorrow at work-ministry, make up a part of the grand plan which we may only as yet know the end of.


But it takes only two set of coordinates to draw a straight-line graph. Where you are today, and where you have to go. If you have no clue where you are going in your life, then, life will hardly be a straight path, if at all a path, you will not likely be very on the ball all the time at work, your clout of authority will stink of pride, despite your efficacy.



Destiny laden path, I shall walk, with efficacy, wasting none, and with confidence of authority, as one who has been revealed a measure of her earthly destiny.



'Save the starfishes with me. Not just that one, but all of them.'

No comments:

Post a Comment