Monday, June 5, 2006

new wine

I awake with dread:


Every waking moment means work, sleep is taken on borrowed time from work itself.


It is not just formal work that is business, but also housework, for my lack of dedication to housecleaning has seen my home festoon into a rubbish heap. My living room will soon no longer have much walking space. The floor is dirty, the windows too. Laundry is created more than it is done. My house has reached this state through steady degradation, caused by lack of time (and energy when time is present).


I cannot complain any further; my lack of time is for a good problem, implying that, too much work means a whole lot of business and soon-to-come prosperity.


You see, no one complains about new wine. Fresh oases of replenishment, prosperity, refreshing, new joy, new businesses and satisfying customer relationships. I cannot complain that I rather not have all this. But the truth is that the new wine is bursting at my old skin's seams at this point.


Hence I need a new wineskin, that is, change. I have to change myself. (To what?)

No comments:

Post a Comment