Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Slinky























Acrylic on plywood, 21cm by 30cm

I finally got some free mind and time and energy to paint. Not much inspiration though, so I did this. It is very blur, because the previous versions I scanned were too big to be uploaded anywhere. But oh yeah, the 99mb version was the clearest. Even clearer than the artwork itself.

I think I like the shadow the best. And the way the floor and the background are actually the same palette of colours, just painted differently. I did a lot of layering of colours, so that through the translucency of the paint you can get a more 3D highlight/shadow effect. But the cat, is cartoonish because I was not painting with Slinky in front of me, and hence just did a cartoonish Paul Klee concept of a cartoon cat.

Oh well, I would probably frame it up and give it to Calvin.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I like Slinky's paws... they look soft and clean!

    ReplyDelete