Wednesday, June 21, 2006

ten simple pleasures

Just when I was all alone at 4am, Popagandhi puts this up, brightening up my quiet Bloglines.

I am a meme-partaker:


  1. Reading. Before falling asleep, next to C, who is also reading before he sleeps. He is the only person I know I can read with in silence together, without feeling a need for conversation to fill up the non-existent empty space. (Of course, he reads different stuff, like Raymond E Feist, etc.)
  2. The internet. Bloglines. Stumble Upon. 'How To Be A Successful Evil Overlord', just so I can discuss it maniacally with C after sharing it with him.
  3. Beer. Its chill composes me. Fridge-essential.
  4. Being at home by myself in the daytime.
  5. Writing.
  6. Lounge music. Right now Zero-7 is playing on my Itunes.
  7. Playing with Slinky downstairs.
  8. Buying groceries when I have money.
  9. Sleeping, lying down on my bed, with my 5 pillows.
  10. Getting dressed to go out.

Now, they all seem vain and lazy, right. How about 5 complicated pleasures to add-on:


  1. Painting when there is an idea of what to paint.
  2. Giving tuition to my secondary school students.
  3. Shopping for girly things.
  4. Going out with C.
  5. Playing the guitar.

Complicated because I am not as good at or as able to do these things, or because they require more effort to achieve the same amount of pleasure.

2 comments:

  1. haha it makes me ill. purple is known to be seen as 'artificial' because it rarely occurs in nature.

    ReplyDelete