Tuesday, September 20, 2005

my mind is like a dish rag

wrung like the one in my kitchen -

Good morning towel
elaine in a space of mindless flux
because of too much wringing
suddenly a pitstop and waste of time
cannot be helped

and so I write.

instead of: planning
notes | lesson plans | slide presentations
ah fishsticks the air has
become dry and still

like the dishrag my mind is now

the sequel to this will be -
that I rest and time out
- and waste time -
work again perhaps when its dark

suddenly the ideas will come
the passion will force-flow
I will fall in love with art
again and over again -
multiple echelons of pleasure
in love with my work

my mind will dig
her fingernails deep into art's back
and make him come to me
and suddenly,
my next generation will know

about art, about love, about
themselves and who they are
- Identity - in "contemporary Asian art".
Together with my folks
they will understand

Why the Viet artists are in love
That Singapore art is so valuable
How they are shaped by what they absorb
how to make art like it were
life itself.

Still, till then, I will let the
Good Morning - afternoon dishrag
rest in still dry space flux awhile.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting and lovely metaphor, E!

    I truly like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahha...
    You thought of me when the dish-rag came to mind? Sob.....!
    I taught the sec 1 kids metaphor - paraphrase this from a simile into a metaphor: I feel as limp as a dishrag.
    Haha... so there you go.
    I LOVE imagery!
    Hugs
    SyL

    ReplyDelete