Sunday, December 18, 2005

secrets

Ever had secrets you are bursting to share, but have kept them so long to yourself, till now? I may have a blog but strangely I have too many secrets to keep. There are many things that people may guess about me but may never know. I will hide them in words and cryptic questions, and I will keep them between me and the parties involved.


I think it would feel so good to share them but then I can never face the consequences of people knowing them. Too many things are out already as it is. I could be classified as having an obsession with the act of keeping secrets; it is not easy for me yet I severely want to, and fail constantly at some, and abide in the success of keeping the others.


It is like a shared solitude. When someone else in the same room as you are and has a secret to keep from you, and you from that someone, it is like solitude in a shared time and space. Just like how you might be reading in the same room with a friend, sharing the time and space, but your mind is in the world of somewhere else, and so is hers.


In a literary ideal this paragraph should consider to follow the previous one by revealing a secret, and having an explanation why I kept it, and now shared it and broke the solitude. Or perhaps, it should continue to expound on shared solitudes and how they exist in our relationships with others. I waver at the keyboard, and decide what I should type next.


And I decide, to keep them all to myself till another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment