Thursday, October 20, 2005

drama backdrop creation

Today I did Sherilyn one part of my favour to her. She wrote, and is directing a play for her church, and thus needs people to help her with a backdrop. We have talked about the design, and will be already starting on it.


So today, her team and I were practising some sketches at my place.


We had to paint some sketches of petals and roses, hence the new title image you see here. Her design is one of a rose, with petals, against a Surrealist backdrop. Think Salvador Dali's Meditative Rose.


Yeah, it's quite difficult. Especially since I hate painting flowers because the ordinary pigments we usually use won't do at all. You end up improvising and coming up with depressive looking flower petals. Still, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment