Wednesday, October 12, 2005

words lately

I have nothing very much to write lately.



My words are often written inspired by what I am reading at the time.



Currently I am reading a book on the history of art exhibitions. I have to say, it is one of the first boring academic books that keeps me devouring, ever since touching the stuff I had to read in school on HRM and sociology and the like, all of which I also love, but had to read more than actually wanting to, like the way I do this book now.




Hence what I have written mainly is on Salon Solidarity, since it is about art.




I learn the most through what I read. I will remember words more than images, and definitely more than sounds. If I go to an arts event which has all kinds of displays, the textual ones are the ones I remember most. Hence drama bores me sometimes, unless it is onscreen and has subtitles. Dance and music are okay. Visual art has me in raptures. But I can cry at what I read and be moved to write so much, so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment