Thursday, October 20, 2005

passion

Is it worth sacrificing a life of complete worship, for one that consists of myself and my supposed holy ideals?


Sometimes we lose sight of the Maker for the Plan.


No, I am not backslidden, or turned cynical. I was listening to Passion, and was inspired to think this. It says:


Give me one pure and holy passion

Give me one magnificent obsession

Give me one glorious ambition for my life

To know and follow hard after You

To know and follow hard after you

To grow as your disciple in the truth

This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you


My glorious ambition, should be to know my King.


Even loving the people I love, doing stuff to change the world and make any difference, should come a pale second place to this. I almost am unable to say this: sorry, you come second place to my God, nothing can be worth it to take over His place in my heart.


It sounds like an egotistical demand by someone who is earthly-invisible. But then again, when one is in love, no one can say, she is too fat for you, or he is not very rich etc, because what matters is, I love this person nonetheless, and this person loves me. Such unconditional love for me, any outsider comment could be likened to near-jealousy.

No comments:

Post a Comment